Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fondue - New Hyde Tradition

Yesterday my groom and I celebrated 7 months of marriage. Jake had just finished a 15 hour weekend of his national chiropractic board exams, so we hadn't much time to celebrate or even think about celebrating with him testing and me occupied with spring cleaning. But last night was so wonderful. I had mentioned to Jake how fun it'd be to finally use our wedding fondue set that my little sister bought us. Fondue was and still is a huge tradition in the Hines household. About once a month we would come home and all 3 of our fondue sets would be setup on our kitchen island, with my mom hard at work preparing everything. I have some of the fondest memories of our fondue nights all sitting on the family room floor with the fondue on the coffee table, an old movie playing in the background. So last night began our new Hyde family tradition. I returned from work at 5:30pm to Jake hard at work at the stove, preparing this decadent feast. What a treat it was to feel so spoiled, and enjoy such tasty decadence! 


The whole evening I felt so incredibly spoiled by Jake's love, and so incredibly blessed to have marry such a man of God. I hate bragging to people about our anniversaries at times because I just often feel so incredibly blessed that I hate to make others feel less loved or jealous. But the truth is I am incredibly blessed, and I shouldn't be afraid to share that with the world! We are all so incredibly blessed just by being alive. We are all loved even more than we can fathom by the King of our hearts. It really does break my heart hearing people complain about their spouses and loved ones, watching what was such warm love and tenderness turn to stone. My hope for society today is to turn that heart back to love, Him that is. We must turn our eyes to the very cross in which brought us this salvation, this love, this life. 

Turn to your loved ones today and tell them just how much you love them, because honestly it just can't be said too much. Smile because we're living, and life is so so sweet. 


1 comment: