Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Art of Gratitude


After Thanksgiving this past year, spent back home in Florida with my family and husband, I started focusing on everything in my life that I should be thankful for. I should literally be grateful for the ability to type this post right now, because I know that not everyone has this ability. But after the Thanksgiving feast I had a conversation with some family members about the art of gratitude and why it isn't more of a daily occurrence. Why don't I wake up every morning and immediately fall to my knees thanking Our Lord for every blessing bestowed? Why is it I wait till Thanksgiving, Advent, Lent, etc. to really recollect and allow myself to focus on gratitude? 

I understand I am part of the generation very commonly known as the "entitled generation," but why is it that we feel so entitled to anything that comes our way, rather than grateful for everything that falls in our path? Shouldn't we be focusing less on what it is we are so called "entitled to" and more so on what it is we have? I'm making a resolution to thank all those around me for their time, gifts, generosity, and love because heck, I sure don't deserve any of it! I'm setting aside time every day to keep a journal of what I'm thankful for, and thanking those involved. By the end of it, I'm hoping to fill this journal by next Thanksgiving & feel the art of gratitude by recognizing what a gift it really is. Join me in this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment