Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let's Unplug


This Lent I've been struggling with my goals for self-discipline, and most of all unplugging myself from technology. I find myself growing more and more attached to my iphone and less and less attached to those around me. What is wrong with me? So mid way into the Lenten season I'm implementing a new policy in my house: unplug! That's right, hubbie, we're unplugging our cellphones and actually leaving them at the front door. The real problem is never him, however, it's always me wanting to instagram our tasty meal or fresh picked flowers - typical. So here's to a new challenge for me to grow in, and hopefully succeed at. 

If you're interested in an additional challenge this Lent, join me! I could use the support system, because this won't be easy! 


2 comments:

  1. I saw so many people posting tech fasts at the start of Lent, I really had to discern this choice for myself as well. And maybe I rationalized myself out of it, because of my clear addiction but in the end choose to pick other things (like TV that also suck my time away from God, and add things like more Adoration visits). Why keep the tech?? For me who uses every day to evangelize and share the faith, I didn't want to give up feeding the hungry (the spiritual hungry that is). HOPE you've done well with your Lenten Goals!! Great new blog... may God truly bless your efforts in Lent and here online!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drop-off basket is a cute idea! I have a love/hate relationship with my phone too. I love it but I hate that I love it. Especially when Emmett's around. We'll be out with friends or at dinner with our family and I look up to realize everyone has their phone in front of their faces. What does that say to Emmett, about how important he is to us? Ugh. Stupid phones.

    ReplyDelete