Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Whole Heart 30: Day 2

Hey all, so sorry I didn't check-in yesterday with my day two status update on the challenge! We were in a mad packing frenzy in the Hyde household before we depart for Florida for Easter. So I've stolen some time this morning and am going to update ya'll on my second day of Whole Heart 30!

It was honestly pretty easy, like the first. I barely had any cravings all day... until 5:00pm. The minute I left work all I wanted was a glass of red wine to unwind from the long day. And it was even harder when I saw the open bottle of my favorite red wine in our fridge...just staring at me. But don't worry, I refrained! Instead of myself drinking it, I made the husband finish off the bottle so I wouldn't be tempted down the road. Meals were super tasty, and SUPER simple! I drank about 60oz of water throughout the day, and then a few glasses of soda water & lime (personal favorite). Checkout the day of good eats!


 Breakfast
Sweet potato hash topped with avocado and hot sauce
1 Large Onion
1 T olive oil
2 lbs meat (I did half ground beef, half chorizo)
2 Large Sweet Potatoes
1 T kosher salt
Green Onion
Cilantro
Freshly ground black pepper
Smoked Paprika
Chili Powder

Heat the oven to 450F. Peel onions and slice them up into half moons. Throw in pan of olive oil over medium heat, to caramelize and reach a nice dark brown color. While the onions are cooking, place your meat in another pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and a nice brown color and crispy texture. Drain excess fat.

While onions and sausage are cooking, dice up your sweet potatoes. Tip (if they are too hard for you to cut, throw in the microwave for a few seconds to soften). Throw diced cubes of sweet potato in a mixing bowl with olive oil, seasoning, and chopped green onion. Once onion and sausage is finished cooking, add to the mixing bowl. 

Place mixture on a cookie sheet (or even better - cast iron skillet) and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until crispy and ready to enjoy! Your results will be HEAVENLY! I promise! 


Lunch
Leftover Spinach, grilled chicken, pepper salad with lime cilantro dressing

Dinner
Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole Hyped up 



Just added spinach, more avocado and a fried egg & it was dinner! Quick, easy & so cheap! 

Bible Passage for Reflection: 
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. 
God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will provide you the way of escape, that you may be able to endure. 
1 Corinthians 10:13

What more encouragement do we need to succeed in life in being assured of His omnipresence? He will not leave us to fail in this world of constant temptation to sin. Be comforted in knowing we're not alone on this challenge, or at all in life. We are loved and cherished by a Father who loves us more than we even know. He will not forsake you. Let that resonate on your heart and find peace throughout your day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment