Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Celebrate Life, It's Worth Living

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Whole Heart 30: Halfway Point

Greetings, long lost friends! Please forgive my most recent absence, but I've taken a slight hiatus from some of my technological overuses. It was somewhat of a Post-Easter light bulb moment that I needed to be spending more time in the here & the now, and less time focusing on sharing that here & the now on social media... But I'm back!

Today actually marked day 15 of my challenge! I can honestly say that I feel fantastic. I've never felt better. My skin is glowing (according to my husband & close friends), I've dropped 6lbs (!!!!), and am so much more aware of everything being consumed! I cannot tell you how happy I've been. It's forced me out of my comfort zone of eating into a whole new catalogue of culinary cuisine: natural. The biggest adjustment has been transitioning from lots of fruit to lots of vegetables. Mornings that began with some type of fruit I was also crashing by mid-morning, so I attempted to focus more on beginning my days with protein and a veggie. The results have been so rewarding! See below for today's cuisine & a few of my new favorites that you missed over this week long hiatus.


Some personal favorites from this past Easter below. 

Quick Egg Drop Soup
Ingredients:
Ramen Seasoning Packet
Thai Basil
Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
Protein (I used an egg bc I had no meat, but improvise!)
Siracha
Hoisin

Directions:
Boil medium pot of water. While waiting for boil, put all ingredients in the bottom of a medium sized bowl. Pour hot water over, stir, and enjoy! 
Sauteed Sausage & Rainbow Chard 
Ingredients
Any sausage
Rainbow chard, kale, spinach, etc.
Garlic

Directions
Literally just sauté everything, serve & look like a Food Network chef! 
Tuscan Soup

Family recipe that I can't share... just yet! 

I'm back for good, friends. Stay tuned for my daily updates on the remainder of this challenge! 


No comments:

Post a Comment